I’m an African and Africans can have long and attractive hair with proper care which most of us hardly give our hair. Hair contribute to one’s beauty and appearance and with daily hair care and prompt treatment of our hair and any hair problems is a vital way to boost and maintain the beauty of an healthy hair.
My hair is thick and dry ever since have started using homemade and natural treatment for my hair, it as really improve in growth, texture and shine. I now hardly braid my hair or even use extensions.
So homemade treatment is not only affordable, it also really cares for your and which prompt care you will notice improve in your hair like mine.
Things you need for hot oil treatment
– Coconut oil
– Olive oil
– Shea butter
– Cocoa butter
– Shower cap
Quantity should be determined by length and volume of hair.
* Put coconut oil, Shea butter, cocoa butter, olive oil in a pan and heat, then mix together well. Apply mixture to shampooed hair from root to tip.
* Massage mixture well into hair to penetrate, then place shower cap on head. You either place dryer over head to heat or you use a silk or satin scarf/cap on the shower cap, leave for few hours or overnight.
* Wash off with Luke warm water and use apple cider vinegar mixed with water /green tea to do the final rinse to help seal in moisture and give a natural shine to hair.
Benefits of the treatment
– Conditions the hair
– Moisturizes the hair
– Scalp and shaft stronger
– Improve hair growth
* Always moisturize your hair at least 3 times weekly or daily.
* Never braid your hair immediately after relaxing, wait for a week or more because the hair shaft is still sensitive and can damaged hair and scalp.
* Comb hair morning and night to improve blood circulation and prevent tangling.
* Use shampoos and conditioner that contains natural ingredient /natural ones to prevent chemical damage to hair and help hair growth.
* Hair treatments to be done at least once a month or more.
*Eat healthy we are what we eat and drink lots of water.
If you don’t care for hair, who will?
Stay beautiful in and out.