DIY Miraculous Masks
Homemade remedies for mask, scrub and other treatments is how I care for my skin, and they are easy to make and also very effective.
Ideal for dry skin, they banish dry patches and flaky skin. They can also be used for other skin types once in a while for a moisturizing treatment.
They can also be a smoothing treatment after too much sun or when your skin feels tight.
Here are some DIY recipes;
– Avocado mash
– Ripe avocado
– 1tbsp of honey optional
– Blend to form a smooth paste and apply on face, rinse off with warm water after 15 to 30 minutes
– Avocado boosts 14 minerals and antioxidant E and A.
Gentle oatmeal mask
– 1 tbsp. of honey
– 1 egg yolk
– 4 tbsps. Oatmeal (grounded)
– Mix honey and egg yolk together first, then add oatmeal and mix/blend together to form a smooth paste. Apply on face and leave for 15minutes, rinse off with Luke warm water.
– Organic plain yoghurt and honey mix together, apply on face. Rinse off after 30minutes with warm water.
Cooked oatmeal, leave to cool and apply on face until dry and hardened. Rinse off with warm water.
Smooth dry and sensitive skin, moisturizes and gives a soft glowing skin.
– Over ripe banana
– 2 tbsps. Of honey optionally
– Blend banana and honey until a smooth paste is formed, apply on face for 15 to 30 minutes and wash off with warm water.
– Soothes dry and sensitive skin then leaves the skin soft and glowing.
*Moisturizing mask ideal for dry and sensitive skin to smooth it but can also be used by other skin types for once in a while face pampering or during harmattan/winter season.
*Mask can be used twice daily for extremely dry skin until result achieved, then can be reduced to 3 to 2 times weekly.
*Dry skin types should opt for heavy cream/ oil, not lotion moisturizer after applying masks.
They Ideal for oily skin/acne prone skin, and also for acne treatment. They draw out impurities from the skin leaving it cleansed and smooth.
– Baking soda mask
– 2tbsps. of baking soda / bicarbonate of soda
– 1 tsp. of honey preferred
– 2tsps. of lemon/ lime juice
– Mix together and apply on face for 15minutes. Rinse off with Luke warm.
This mask can be used twice daily for severe acne but 3 to 4 times weekly for mild acne/normal zit.
– Nutmeg and cinnamon mask
– 1 tsp. of nutmeg powder
– 1 tsp. of cinnamon powder
– 1tbsp. of honey
– Mix together and apply on face for 15 to 30 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
This mask should only be used once daily and 3 twice weekly.
– Aspirin mask
– 7 to 8 aspirin (crushed)
– 1 ½ tsp. of lemon / lime juice
– 1 tsp. of honey (preferred)
Mix together and apply on face/ problem areas for 30minutes, rinse off with warm water.
This mask can also be used as spot treatment.
– 1tsp of apple cider vinegar
– 1tsp of lemon juice
– 1tsp of manuka honey
Mix together and apply on face for 1 hour, rinse off with Luke warm water.
Masks can be used twice daily or at least 5 to 4 times weekly for quick result.
Orange peel mask
– 3tbsps. of dried orange peel ground to powder
– 1tbsp of lemon juice
– 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar (optional)
Mix and apply on face for 30mutes, rinse off with warm water.
Other zit/acne treatment
Cut tomato in two and rub on face or the problematic areas, can leave for 1 hour or longer can be used twice daily for quick result.
Cut into two and apply on face or problematic areas for an hour or longer, Use twice daily.
NOTE: Once lemon /lime juice is applied on the face, you should not go under the sun or better still use only at night.
Crush aspirin/Advil mixed with water can be used as spot treatment overnight/ during the day.
Use as spot treatment and also all over face.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil mix with a little bit of water / carrier oil as stop treatment over night
*Remove all traces of makeup and properly cleanse face before apply any treatment.
*Mask should be rinse off with warm water not hot water, and then cold or freezing cold water can be splashed over face to seal pores.
*Zit masks can be used daily or according to instructions all over face/ problem areas only.
*After every treatment face should be moisturized according to skin type.
*Mask should be prepared for one use to ensure its freshness.
*When you have a big painful zit, do not pick at it instead you apply ice to reduce pain and swollenness. Or apply any of the spots treatment overnight.
*Plaster can be placed over stop treatment overnight, so as not to stain/rub on pillow case.
*Change pillow cases regular ,they collects oil and dirt from our hair and transfer back in to our skin/ better still have a clean sheet/towel and place on your pillow every day.
For more tips simply click on the like/follow button, thanks.
If you don’t care for your skin, who will?
Stay beautiful in and out.